Recipe: Lavender & Blueberry Scones with Lemon Glaze
This scone mix is oh-so-easy to whip up! Lavender pairs perfectly with the sweet and tart flavours of lemon and blueberry. The scones make the perfect weekend breakfast or teatime treat.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons ground culinary lavender buds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk or cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, ground lavender buds, and salt in mixing bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In separate bowl, whisk cream, egg, and vanilla. Mix into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface, and pat into 8-inch round. Cut into 8 wedges and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 375 F for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
- To make glaze: mix powdered sugar with tablespoon of milk or cream. Stir with fork until all lumps removed. Add tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Serve scones warm with glaze drizzled overtop!